Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Fall River Painting in Acrylic

 A fall river painting in watercolor and acrylic available in my Etsy.  Framed it measures 3 1/2" x 2 5/8" and is perfect for a cabin, primitive or traditional living room.  I also made the Chippendale sofa, the fall wreath with poly clay and paper sunflowers.  The armoire and coffee table are by Lee's Line. The butter churn and crock are by Jane Graber from SP Miniatures.  The Indian corn is also from SP Miniatures but I can't remember the maker's name.  According to Carol, she is no longer doing many mini's and Carol found this in her inventory.  The little pottery pumpkin candy jar is by my friend Joyce of Mostly Art on Etsy.  Dale Chimel of Dale's Dreams did the rug.  The pewter biscuit jar on the coffee table is by Warwick Miniatures. The rustic birdhouse and the Jack Daniels crate (it is barely visible under the window)are by Marquis Miniatures.  The 'tin-punch' lamp is by Mini Cabin Decor on Etsy.

The room box I ordered from a man who sells on Miniatures Only (I can't remember his name) and my Dad cut a hole in the top and framed it in and put in the double window and framed it in. He also painted it a light cream.  I cut the wooden floor to fit and it can be removed to put in carpet for a different look.  I cover the top and the window with interfacing which diffuses and softens the light. I set the window box in the window for natural light above and place an Ott light outside the window, set up my room and take photos with and without flash. I then further edit them in PicMonkey for better contrast, warmer color, etc.

9 comments:

Kathi said...

So happy to see you are posting again! Love this room! Your paintings are incredible!

Jody B. Raines said...

Thank you, Kathi! I have left my part-time job and am going to try to 'make it' with my mini's and fiber arts! Wish me luck. I'm looking forward to getting back into the blogging community!

Deb said...

Hi Jody!

Jody B. Raines said...

Hi, Deb! Good to hear from you! I was hoping some of y'all might see this little post! LOL!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Welcome back - good to see you posting.
Hope you are doing well.

Jody B. Raines said...

Thanks, Glenda! Good to be back. Hoping to get back in the swing.

carmen said...

hermosa escena...

Jean Day said...

What a beautiful room box, love all of the details and your painting is wonderful. The colours in the room all work so well together... making me think of autumn. Great to see you blogging.

Jody B. Raines said...

Thank you, Dear Jean!