Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Back! Hoping All Are Well!

My latest mini painting, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" based on a photo I took when we visited friends in Colorado.
In this photo, I made the gourd, the Chippendale sofa, the polymer clay goose and apples. Dale made the rug; Bertie's Miniatures made the zebra wood turned vase; Joyce of Mostly Art made the green pottery vase and red flowers; the butter churn is by Jane Graber; the dough board is by Sir Thom Thumb and the fireplace was a House of Miniatures kit.
This is my latest little floral chaise--I love this fabric by a Japanese company, Quilt Gate (hope they survived the tsunami and earthquakes okay).
In these two photos, I made the goose and hydrangea and the ivy from a kit. Mercedes Spencer made all of the lovely feminine, shabby chic accessories including the bird's nest, the trash can, the little bird houses and primitive doll, floral ewer and shopping bag.
I have been gone from my blog for nearly a year and I have missed it but it's been quite a tumultuouas year! We've had some family issues which are, for the most part resolved in a good way at this point. In addition to the hay we grow on our farm, Hampton Road Farms, he has started buying hay we cannot grow here from northern Kentucky and selling it and, so far, we've been blessed in that endeavor. It's hard work but he loves it and I pray for strength to continue to help him.

I want to thank all of you who have written to ask if we're okay--it touched me deeply and brought a tear to my eye! Thank you so much. Miniaturists are some of the most compassionate, loving, kind folks I have ever met and I'm privileged to get to know you through our shared passion. I had to leave blogging for a while since I couldn't devote the time to visit around to everyone (I'm still working three days a week as well) and make pertinent comments. I've been glad to keep up with some of you on Facebook. So, I'm trying to come back and I'll try to get around to everyone. I've lost so much not keeping up with what you've been up to but I'll try to go back a bit as I can and catch up! Thank you again for accepting me in your ranks, forgiving my lapses and checking up on me! And, Mercedes, if you read this, I am still collecting some goodies up for you! I am overcome with guilt I still owe you some things in our swap! I'll hope to send it soon!

36 comments:

Deb said...

I can't believe you're back! Hurray! Your things are so sweet.

Eva said...

Welcome back Jody! We have missed you!
Love, love your floral chaise..theya re always so pretty and perfect for spring time!
I am happy that you have came back

Kim said...

Jody- I am glad to see you post- welcome back! I have missed you also :)

CWPoppets said...

Nice to see you again, Jody. And what lovely things you made!
Christine

cockerina said...

hello !!!!!!!!!!!! how are you? I hope well, I miss you and I'm glad to see you here again!
welcome back!
kisses, Caterina

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Welcome back ! Your creations are so pretty.You are very talented. You don't need to apologize for not having time to post. You have had a lot of other things going on, and family and home always comes first.

De said...

Welcome back, Jody! I've missed you. I'm so glad to hear that things have resolved themselves in a good way.

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Thank you all for the warm welcome's back and your kind comments! I have so missed it!

Jody

rosanna said...

Welcome, it's suh a pleasure to see you again, Rosanna

Katie said...

I was looking through your Etsy page last night! i love the chair! The fabric is awesome- Do you have any left over to make any pillows.. I bet they'd sell- I know I'd buy one:) And I am soooo glad to see you painting:) I love seeing what you come up with! So glad to have you back:)
minihugs!
Katie

Kathi said...

So happy to hear from you! I've been wondering where you were. I've missed your posts! You room looks so pretty with all of the gifts and the things you have made.
Welcome back!

Rita said...

Such beautiful things you have made. It`s good to have you back. :D

ANGELES said...

HOLA JODY ¡¡¡QUE BUENO QUE HAS VUELTO ¡¡¡¡¡ BIENVENIDA ¡ ESTAMOS DE SUERTE¡

Lataina said...

Jooooodyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so excited to see you back on your blog! I love your new chaise. I wonder if it's the same fabric you used for my shabby chis sofa. =) It's beautiful! Welcome back!!! =)

Susan said...

So glad RL is finally giving you a break, you've been missed!
Lovely lovely pics, thanks for showing and it's a pleasure to see what you've created.

Merry Jingle said...

Hi and welcome back from another awol for a longtime person :D The real life gets in the way sometimes :D

miniacollection said...

Welcome back! It's so lovely to see your new post, the scene is gorgeous and I love your floral chaise.
Geneviève

Flora said...

Hello dear, welcome back.
I am happy that all is well, despite the work and worry, but I learned that those never fail, even: keep us alive!
On your etsy shop I saw the chaise long, is a fairy tale :-)
If you did an armchair with the same cloth, I book me :-)
(my cottage is tiny)
Mini hugs, Flora

Norma said...

How could I have missed such an important post???!!! Wonderful to see you back here - you have been missed!! And how gorgeous these settings are Jody, as always :)

ines paiva raposo said...

Jody não conhecia o seu blog, mas agora que conheço posso dizer que gostei muito!
Convido-a a visitar o meu, ainda está muito no inicio, mas já tem algumas coisas. Espero que goste!
www.liliputthings.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Jody, it's so good to have you back!!
Love the painting :D
Isn't it good to know that mini blogland is so friendly and understanding, and a great encouragement in our sometimes difficult lives :)

xxx Glenda

Wee Cute Treasures said...

Hi Jody, Welcome back to blogland. Love your new painting. Hugs, Carol :)

www.marysminiatures.net said...

I love your chaise lounge and the fabric is unbelievable. Keep up the great work and continue sharing your photos. Have a nice day.

Susi said...

Me encantan tus trabajos, el cuadro es magnifico, no imagino como has podido hacerlo, tan pequeño y perfecto, y tus tapizados fantasticos¡¡¡ un beso grande.
Susi

Plushpussycat said...

All I can say is wow! You minis are beautiful! Glad I found your blog. :-)

Amy said...

You're back! The mini world and the real world are happy again!

What I have to remark on, besides all the mini goodness going on here, is the draping of the throw on the chaise. That's no easy thing, and it looks natural and wonderful, J.

El bichillo said...

Que cosas tan bonitas haces, ¿como has aprendido a hacerlas?
Saludos desde España.

Rose Fávero e Alessandra Scarpin said...

Eu adorei seu blog. Suas miniaturas são lindas e achei muito bonita a foto de você e seu marido trabalhando.
Vocês estão muito bem 25 anos depois de casados.
Parabéns
Visite meu blog de miniaturas, vou ficar muito feliz.
Obrigada

Rose Fávero e Alessandra Scarpin said...

Meu nome é Rose, do blog www.aventuraeminiatura.blogspot.com

abraços

Kleine Vingers said...

Lovely photographs!

pussman said...

That room is so pretty!

miniaturista said...

Te ha quedado estupendo el cuadro y la escena
Un abrazo
maite

Shale said...

Welcome back Jody! What gorgeous pictures! Thanks for the great post.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Olá, sempre gostei muito do seu trabalho. É magnífico. Parabéns.

Rose
www.aventuraeminiatura.blogspot.com
rose.favero@yahoo.com

Gill said...

I love the fabric on the chaise, it's a very pretty room setting.

Jody B. Raines said...

Thank you, Gill!! I love that fabric, too!