Friday, March 26, 2010

Everything's Peachy!



Everything is Peachy! And Welcome to New Followers

My friend, Edgar Woodfin, a very talented photographer and descended from one of our prominent local peach farming families in Gramling, graciously granted me permission to post pix he took of some of our local orchards both this year and in years past. It was interesting to see the change in color of blossoms from year to year. The lighter pink profusion of blooms is this year and the darker ones were from years past. And they seem to have bloomed later this year due to our colder, harsher winter this year. Our city of Inman once called itself the Peach Capitol of the World as we grew more peaches in our region alone than the entire state of Georgia, known as The Peach State. We don't have as many orchards as there once were but there are still beautiful orchards and even little plots of peach trees between homes and businesses.

Also, inspired by the beginning of peach season, I have made some miniature fuzzy peaches and listed some in my Etsy shop. In the photo below, I made the sofa, the goose, the hydrangea and the peaches.



I would also like to welcome new followers:

Marcella of Mini Caretti
Sonya of Cannella e Melograno
Pandora Box
Shelly
Sans DD who has several blogs among them Dollhouse Diaries
Natascha
Ira of Merry Jingle (run over and see what she did with a Michael's hutch I sent her in a swap!)
Chris P
Whimsy Cottage, a fellow miniaturist on Etsy, http://whimsycottageminis.etsy.com
Maria of Diary of a Miniaturist
Arantxa of Las miniaturas de los Talis
and Stefanie of SMiniatures

21 comments:

Debbie said...

All that beautiful blossom. Our Spring plants are only just popping their heads out of the ground..xx

Anneke said...

Those pictures of the blossoming trees are beautifull! And so are your fuzzy peaches, they're really cute! :D

Deb said...

Your peaches are cute. The photographs are lovely. We don't have a thing in bloom here yet.

Dawn said...

The peaches on your table look so appetizing!

Catherine said...

What a pretty room! I would love to sit down and eat one of those peaches.
The trees are gorgeous! I have been to GA many times but I have never seen those trees blooming before. How lovely!

Glenda said...

A beautiful room, Jody!!
And thanks so much for posting pics of the blossom - does it have a scent?

Glenda

Norma said...

They're all lovely pieces Jody. I don't think I've seen that goose before, something 'different' :)

Annie said...

So nice pictures, and such pretty peaches you have made... An immidiately I spottet the goose, I loved it from the first time I saw it on your blog...

Sans said...

Wow, Jody, your work is very pretty and obviously of high quality. I love everything in that room especially those that you have made.

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by and leaving such gracious comments! Edgar Woodfin sends those of us on his e-mail list 'Edgar's Views' periodically of local foliage, wildlife, etc. and as he works for a local television station maintaining the satellite tower on Hogback Mountain, he gets to photograph animals and wildflowers and scenery the rest of us don't often see and sometimes from quite lofty heights!

And thank you so much for your kind comments on my mini endeavors!

Jody

Wee Cute Treasures said...

Hi Jody, I had no idea peach blossom was so colourful. Gorgeous photos and I just love your own little peaches and that divine swan. Thank you for sharing everything. Have a great weekend, Carol xoxox

Jean Day said...

Your colours are fabulous, love the turquoise in the picture and hydrangeas. I thought your scene was real, your peaches are so perfect. Edgar's photos are wonderful! Our trees are all in blossom here too, drifts of blossoms.

The Visionary Butterfly said...

Hi Jody,
The pictures are beautiful. Love everything!

rosanna said...

Jody the blossom are beautifu. never seen anything like that! It's incredible.
We are going to Paris because is very cheap ;o) only € 70.00 for a return ticket with bed carriage !!! it's really cheap here.Last time I went to Rome I paid nearly € 100.00 on a day trip.Then we found a pretty hotel at a very reasonable price! Thank goodness there are smart price fares :o)))
I love your work BTW, this last room is charming. Hugs Rosanna

Ascension said...

Me encanta la hortensia!!!!
Me comeria los melocotones!!!!
Y el patito es una preciosidad!!!!
En resumen, eres una artista!!!!!
besitos ascension

Ana said...

Jody your living room is so cozy, your peaches look so appetizing and the photos of the peach trees are wonderful, what a lovely colour, thank you for sharing,
Ana

sminiatures said...

Hi Jody, Thank you for the welcome! Lovely blog by the way :-)

dale said...

The trees look gorgeous! :) Love the colors!

Is that my little rug in there? lol;) I've just made the same pattern in red and blue, coming to my etsy shop, soon, or at some point. ;)

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Yes, Dale and everywhere I've posted this pix, I've pointed out that it is from your shop--on Flickr, facebook, on the Real Good Toys page on FB and the Miniatures.com page on FB! Hope it will send some business your way!

I love it!

Jody

dale said...

Awww... thanks, Jody! You are a peach. :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your peaches look real. Great photos.