Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Mini Acquisitions at the Atlanta Show!

My Mini Acquisitions at the Atlanta Show

Our whole family including my reluctant 17 year old son, Ben, went to the Atlanta show last weekend. Among my new treasures are a Boston Terrier for a planned Wofford College (my Dad's alma mater and my daughter's college) room box and the exact Brodnax material I needed for my log cabin curtains.
These were items I bought from Wright Guide Miniatures. Such a nice couple and such wonderful items. I especially love the Miracle Gro spikes and the Duracell batteries! Oh, and I forgot to show the Alka Seltzer. The Wrights have a website and I think it's listed in my website list at the bottom of my blog.
The little resin bunny I intend to put a little hat on for spring scenes and the porcelain bunny is my Lynn McEntire. I will try to add her website later but my computer isn't cooperating just now and I'm hurriedly posting before work with curlers in my hair!
The soil and lovely calendar are also from the Wright's and I forget the vendors from whom I bought the mugs.
The stag head was my splurge from Michael Reynolds of Exceptional Miniatures. Though I am not a hunter and we love the small herd of deer who bed down in our pasture at night (last Wednesday returning from our Ash Wednesday church service we counted 12!), every cabin has to have a deer head.

The show was a lot of fun and I was so glad we got to go as we have no brick and mortar mini shops in our region. I also have new followers to welcome and will do that in my next post but thank you so much! Now to get ready for work!

19 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some great items. There has not been a mini show here in years that I know of. There was a brick and mortar shop years ago, but they were so expensive, not real friendly owners and they closed up shoppe years ago.
Enjoy your weekend.

miniannalee said...

I was at the Atlanta Show last weekend. I met up with a friend from the Greenleaf Forum. I wonder if I saw you while I was there. It was such a small room I'm sure I did at some point.

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Glenda, the 'nearest' mini store to us that I know of is one in Lawrenceville, Ga and that's about 2 hours away. The only one in SC is in Charleston and I have only been to it one time. I hope maybe we can get down some time this summer or fall.

Mini Anna Lee, we probably did say, "Excuse me" to each other as we were passing in the aisle or perusing the tables! I wish I had known you would be there! I was so intent on looking at the goodies, I hardly noticed the crowd! I did notice a blonde lady in a fur hat but otherwise hardly glanced around at others! LOL! I suppose we got there around noon or so and left around 2:30 p.m. I think. As there was snow from our house to Atlanta, it was slow going for us getting there on I-85!

Jody

kimsminiatures said...

Jody, wonderful little treasures you found there. I just love when I get a chance to go to a show and shop. So hard for me to keep with a budget either Lol. I have the same little pack a duracell batteries. too cute!
Mini hugs~ Kim

Deb said...

Jody,
What great things you found! We have no brick and mortar shops around here either and I think the nearest one would be either a flight to Montreal or Boston away.
Boo Me.

Norma said...

Great shopping! I've just had a look at the wrightguideminis.com site, they've got some interesting stuff I've not seen elsewhere. Thanks for sharing your finds :)

WendiesMiniWorld said...

Looks like you enjoyed your day, your log cabin will look great with the curtain material you've chosen and the deer head is such a perfect find!! more & more bricks and mortar mini shops seem to be closing which is a shame, so I get carried away at the shows and end up buying stuff I 'might' need cos I dont know when I will get another mini purchasing opportunity ...oh the suffering huh? LOL

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Thank you! Yes, I hardly get to any actual shops or shows so it's very hard to stick within my teensy budget as well! If my three children would stop eating! LOL!

Jody

Josje said...

Isn't it funny how we all get excited by the most common things in miniature? Really lovely stuff, especially the batteries and the lightbulb box.

Peach Blossom Hill said...

I know, Josje! It's the mundane, everyday items I think are the must-have's in miniature! My practical nature shows up even in the mini world!

Jody

rosanna said...

Jody, wonderful buyings ! I wish I found ome batteries and light bulbs too! I do love them. Hurra for shows!! Rosanna

Vicky Guile said...

Hi Jody, there is an award for you on my blog, Vicky x

Thmini2 said...

Wonderful finds! Aren't shows great. You get to see so much in person instead of a catalog or internet. I just love all of the things you bought. Especially the cups.

Ana Anselmo said...

great shopping, I love the tiny batteries, never saw nothing like that!
hugs
Ana

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Shows are great as you can see the size and color and what's available. Even my 17 year old son had to admit he enjoyed it more than he had thought! I really want to take my 10 year old, Joanna to Miniature Memories in Charleston one of these days but that is definitely an overnight trip for us and not in the budget just now but we'll see!

Jody

Jenny said...

What intriquing miniatures. The moose head is really different!

PetiteCreation said...

You got some nice items! very cute light bulb and battery! i love the little bunny! cute items! =)

Dawn said...

Jody you bought a lovely selection of minis. I love the little mugs and your terrier.

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Thank you all! If I had had a ton of money to spend, my haul wouldn't have fit in my car even in 1:12th scale. But I like what I was able to purchase!

Jody