Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Laptop! Back in Business!

A New Laptop and a New Toy!

Before Christmas, my laptop with all of my pix and documents in it died. I thought it was the battery and after the holidays, I used part of my Christmas $$ to buy one. It was still dead. So, I was mourning, sitting on the ash heap, rending my clothes and gnashing my teeth as I couldn't afford a new one. I also took over DH's laptop to check my e-mails. He finally got tired of my pity party and bought me a new one! So I AM BACK!!!!!

Also, for my birthday, January 7th, my in-law's bought me a Micro Mini saw. They and DH felt sorry for me as the little table below I made one day with a hand saw, an X-acto blade, a mess of stain and a worn piece of sandpaper. It only took me all day to make one slightly dilapidated, crooked little 'Primitive' table.

And we discovered that there is a Woodcraft store in Greenville, near where DH works so I can buy 1/8" pieces of domestic and exotic woods without paying shipping and seeing the grain for myself. Now if I can master the little saw, I can make mini furniture which is top on my to-do list just now.



I did manage to put together a music room box for my sister in law who plays piano and harp. This was her Christmas gift from us and I wrapped each item separately for her to open. I made the peach roses and the window treatments. Everything else was purchased.
Lastly, this is one of the hydrangea's I just sold on Etsy in my little shop. It is on its way to Spain! I have a lightbox where I set up little scenes to showcase my wares. I also made the goose on the mantle. I have several more geese and a coral hydrangea in the works I hope to have ready soon. It feels so good to be back. I'd also like to welcome Troy Bettridge, http://tulsatinystuff.blogspot.com/ to the world of miniagture blogging. I'm sure others have heard from him also and would like to visit his blog and welcome him and start following as I intend to do. I thank him for spurring me to post my first entry with my new laptop. I will visit you all as soon as I can. I work today but will try to check in tonight.

8 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Welcome back Jody! I hate when our computers decide to give up. Such a big expense to replace :( Can't wait to see what you have been up to. Hugs~ Kim

Debbie said...

Glad to see you back with us Jody..xxx

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Welcome back! When my computer took a nose dive last April I could not wait to get another one.

Kim said...

Welcome back Jody! I always miss your posts when you are away- I cannot wait to see what you create with the new saw!!

Eva said...

We have missed you Joy!
I am glad that you come back. Welcome!

Ascension said...

Me encanta la sala de musica, no me extraña que le haya gustado, felicidades.besitos ascension

Deb said...

Glad you're back Jody!

jocelyn teo said...

Welcome back Jody! I hate technology sometimes, but we can't live without it now eh? :/

Anyway, that roombox is gorgeous! :)