Friday, November 20, 2009

Been Gone Too Long!

A Christmas Goose

A Christmas goose in 1:12th scale for your holiday or year-round country decor. One of my goals is to create folk and country decor items in miniature. This goose is from polymer clay over a wire and foil armature and is painted with crackle medium. He has glass seed bead eyes.
A country Christmas living room scene. Pottery by Butt Hinge; chair and coffee table by Lee's Line and the pewter biscuit box is by Warwick Miniatures.
Polymer clay Santa figurine. The 'fur' trim is dusted with diamond dust glitter but it doesn't show in the photo. I was individually hand sculpting these little guys but finally was able to create a little poly clay two part mold so I can turn them out a little faster.
A Christmas living room scene. I've had this fireplace kit by House of Miniatures (remember them?) for about 20 years or so and finally put it together and love it.
Another Christmas goose with removable evergreen and 'berries' wreath. Polymer clay over a wire and foil armature painted white with glass seed bead eyes.

I promise I will get around to 'visit' everyone soon and my profound apologies for neglecting to stop in and admire all of your wonderful accomplishments!

Every time I get into a regular blogging routine of sorts, life intervenes and all kinds of things happen at once. I won't even bore you with all the details. Suffice it to say that poor little Joanna, 10, the child who still loves me fiercely (the other two are 17 and 19--need I say more?!) still has a shell of a dollhouse waiting to be finished. And I had such high hopes of displaying it this Christmas, all alit, furnished and resplendent. So, my guilt at having abandoned it to start up my little Etsy endeavors has also partly kept me from blogging but I'm going to get back in the groove and hopefully this winter, we'll be able to work on Joanna's house and get it finished.

14 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! You are very talented! I have neglected my minis and hope to go back to them after the holidays.

Kim said...

Beautiful work!! I am seriously coveting that goose with the wreath around his neck!!! I hope that you find some time for the dollhouse and real life stops giving you such a hard time---your etsy shop looks wonderful!!!!!

Eva said...

I love your Christmas scenes!!
Take it easy, we will wait for you

kathi said...

I love your Santa and the goose with the wreath! So pretty!

A. Wright said...

I adore the geese, it took me a second to realize they were mini :) You gotta love the house of miniatures kits, I always keep an eye out for these.

The beauty of minis is they will always wait patiently for you to have free time for them.

DollMum said...

I'm sure Joanna will forgive you the delay if you do such wonderful things to her house as you've done in these photos.
I know the feeling well regarding real life delaying the start or continuation of much loved mini projects - I can't wait to get stuck into some mini making with my daughter for her dollshouse this weekend.
Best wishes
DollMum

dale said...

Jody, good to see you back blogging. :)

Heather Cutting-Rayl said...

I can't believe it's Christmas! Are you sure? LOL! You're swan is beautiful! I hope you have great luck on Etsy!
The dollhouse will get built! Get over the guilt, it only bogs you down!

MinisOnTheEdge said...

You do such a Wonderful job at Creating Miniatures. I also love how you dress your scenes! The swan is really Beautiful! Glad to see you are back and we do I understand about real life getting in the way of fun mini time. Big Hugs to you! ~ Tracy

Liberty Biberty said...

Well, you sure are one clever mama aren't you Jody! Love the goose and Santa, just gorgeous!
Mercedes

Katie said...

LOL...Can't figure out what I like more...the goose or the Santa?? Both are awesome!! Great paint finish on that goose!

Katie

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I really like your Santa and the goose, the eyes are so real! Don't worry if you don't post, we'll still be here. :)
Maia

Ara said...

Wowee... its hard to believe these are 1:12 scale! That goose is just jaw-dropping!! Fantastic job! Hugs - ara

cousin Deb said...

Hi, I've been mia for awhile and just found you've got an Etsy store. I just ran over and bought a little rug. Love your things!