Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gracious! Where Does the Time Go?!

On the Passage of Time and An Award!

I can't believe I've had so much going on that I've neglected my little blog so badly. Now that our party is over, the house is looking better than it has in years and I've added several little things to my Etsy shop so it won't look so pitifully empty, I am hoping to get back in the saddle of posting more often and visiting everyone to see what you're all up to! This was the Halloween basket I threw together to fill an empty corner before my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary party at our house this past Saturday evening. (Of course, then I visited William Bezek, the Artist, at his blog I saw how simple and droll my little effort was! If you haven't visited his house for Halloween, head over there this minute for a treat! http://williambezek.blogspot.com/2009/10/haunting-house.html?showComment=1255650964954#c8200450395236479193

The anniversary party was wonderful. Everyone had a good time. And as one was brought from assisted living in a wheelchair, another is on a walker as she is a bad diabetic who can no longer feel her feet and another brother is on a cane and in his late 80's, I was glad we could host it. I'll post a few more pix soon but am just literally rushing through. The one drawback to the event was that my son, Ben, 17, called the night before to say he had run his truck off in a ditch with his girlfriend in the truck and it was a dark, rainy, bad night. We were able to get the truck out with DH's farm truck, they weren't hurt, hadn't been drinking, no other vehicles were involved so we have lots to be thankful for. However, the truck was pretty much totalled. But again, they weren't hurt--or killed. And her Mom showed up to take her home and couldn't have been more kind, understanding or gracious.
This is a little Gothic mirror I just listed in my little Etsy shop today (I promise I won't bore you to tears but as this is the season . . .). It is made from a press mold of a circa 1980's belt buckle, polymer clay painted and dusted with gold dust and glitter and spray-sealed). And it sort of represents a major milestone for me. I have had Photoshop for three years and never learned to use it. As I took pix of the reflection of my hands and camera in the mirror, I was able to 'paint' it out--TADA! Made me feel all accomplished. Oh, and I made the poly clay crow, too.
Back to the party, this was the centerpiece my SIL brought up from Georgia and below was the front of the house with newly spiffed up and re-stained front door, rockers, church pew and the mums I bought for the occasion.
And lastly, thanks to Kathi from Beautiful Mini Blessings and Victoria from Little Boxes for the award! I promise I will pass it on ASAP--although most of you have already received it--when I get another chance to stop by. I would also like to say I am so happy that Debbie is back with us and recovering from her open heart surgery. I've sent many prayers out for her 'homecoming' back to us! And a huge thank you to Nikki for listening and trying to help me resolve a big eBay/Paypal issue of late. I owe her in a huge way. What a wonderful community of mini bloggers we have. I am gratefu for you all and so admire your tremendous talents. I aspire to your levels! Oh, and I must post pix of the little gifts I received from another special blogger, Kathy Calhoun and I will have to pass it on to those who post a comment when I post pix! So, I will be back with you soon! Thank you for missing me. I've missed you, too!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Love all the decorations! I bet it was beautiful!! Love the front of your house! 'Bout how about Joanna house?? Any updated pics floating around!!! It might motivate me to work on Cora's!! LOL.....Just when I thought things would slow down when school started, I realized how wrong I was. Hahaha.....

Glad to see your still around:)
Katie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Awww! Sounds like you had a wonderful party! So glad your son and his friend are ok! Have a great weekend.

Chris V. said...

Hey Jody! Love the mirror. Cool idea!!

Ara said...

Welcome back to blogland Jody! Looks like the party was wonderful!! And BTW your house is gorgeous!!! I am very jealous of that porch!! Congats on the use of photoshop... I would have never noticed!! And I've been using it for years! hugs, ara

Kim said...

So glad the party was a success- and very glad your son and his girlfriend were not hurt in the accident. I am also envious of your porch- just gorgeous! Glad to see you back! Have a great weekend ♥

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

I really like the mirror and the crow! I love the way you set up the fireplace and the snake on the floor!
It's nice that you're back at your blog too. :)
Maia

eloisa said...

your blog is the maximum ... I have forgotten to visit more often. but every time I pass by here I admired for this fantastic

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Glad to hear your son and his girlfriend are ok.

I too have seen willam bezeks halloween decorations and don't know how he manages to do so much. Its puts us all to shame.
I think your decoration is beautiful!

Glad the party went well after all your preparation.

Nikki xxx

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色