Monday, August 17, 2009

We Got Our Bike, Me 24 Years Ago, Stuff . . .

We Got Our Bike!

Remember I wanted Joanna's house to have a bike like Amyla's on Flickr (see my previous post a few weeks ago)? We got our bike from Hong Kong and I love it! It is 1:12th scale and the back wheels even spin when you turn the pedals! We got it from Speedfind on eBay, and the price was great. I think it was $2.95 plus about $10 shipping. So, I highly recommend them now!

ANIMOTO. Another great site I found through the Etsy forums is Animoto!! You can upload your photos from a photo site or your picture files on your computer, choose a song and they create a little short movie for you. A lot of Etsy vendors are using it to promote their shop items. I made one of my three children when they were small and plan to make more. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to see it.

Also, check out the Back to School Sale at Dejoux Miniatures. I feel party responsible for Charles Deyou, owner, extending the recent sale he offered on his already low prices. I wrote and told him it was back to school time and therefore I couldn't take advantage of the sale because of back to school expenses. He wrote commisserating with me but also pointing out how difficult it is for businesses to survive with their normal margins which I do understand having owned businesses and working for a small business. So, go shop at Dejoux and enter code 0904BTS to save 15% on your entire order! I'll go there this week as well.

Now I thought I would show you what I looked like 24 years ago. I found my engagement picture taken when I was a 22 year old college senior and ready to get married a month after graduation. Look at all of that hair and the lack of pudginess and wrinkles! Three children and almost a quarter of a century later, as you can see from my profile pix, I don't quite look the same!

6 comments:

Liberty Biberty said...

That bike is spectactular Jody!! Well done!
Love the hair!!! You haven't changed much.
Mercedes

Caseymini said...

Actually Jody, I think that you have aged quite well! I can remember the big hair days.....I believe that saying "less is more"....The bike was such a deal. The price and the mail fees add up to less than it would cost if you could find one here! Good going!

Christel Jensen said...

Hi Caroline. You looked very beautiful then and still do. I did look at some old pictures yesterday and wow one can see the aging process here as well, we just have to embrace it..what else is there to do;)..Great bike. Lots of details!

moti said...

Hi, it´s spectactular !!!!!!!!!!amazing!!!!!!!!
lovely!!!!!!!
mini- hugs!!

Eli

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like the bike - good deal. You really have not changed a lot - pretty. Wished I could say the same, I look nothing like I did at age 22.

amy said...

Jody-congratulations on the bike-it's wonderful, and wonderfully red! I think you look terrific, then and now-I was just looking through old photos for my Dad's birthday party and came across pictures of myself at 22....deep sigh...