Thursday, July 30, 2009

Searching For A Bicycle!

The Great Bicycle Search

I 'borrowed' this pix from Amyla's photostream on Flickr. She is a mixed media artist and has the most beautifully detailed dollhouse that she rescued from the landfill where someone had discarded it and which I have blogged about before. You can see her dollhouse photos on Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldinamatchbox/sets/72157603445249733/

Sometimes, I just go there for inspiration. This bicycle, I think, is a Heidi Ott. I may be wrong. I commented on the photo above which shows her riding her bicycle at age nine but must head out to work so haven't heard from her yet.

I really want this bicycle for Joanna's Victoria's Farmhouse but it has been discontinued. I've posted that I'm searching for it on the Yahoo mini groups I'm a member of, Small Stuff and now here. A few years ago, you could find this bicycle around lots of places. Now, sadly, not at all. So, if anyone out there has it, I am willing to buy or trade for it! Poor me, perpetually a day late and a dollar short in life! I am going to also peruse the toy aisle at Toys R Us and Walmart and see if I can find one that might be in scale? Wish me luck.

13 comments:

amy said...

Thank you! (And I love the post-thank you too for your kind words!!) The bike is actually a Christmas tree ornament I found at a local antiques mall-it looked just like my first two wheeler-not the spiffy new one in the picture, but the raggedy rattling used one with the solid composite tires that I learned to ride on). I've been searching the net for it, but only found the Hallmark ornament with the banana seat. I can ask the folks at the antiques mall who they bought their ornaments from, and write you-

kathi said...

I've been looking for a mini bike too. I did find a bicycle built for two at a thrift shop that is about the right size. It has Mr. and Mrs. Claus riding it! Too cute but not exactly what I want. I want a beach bike!

Ara said...

Those Flickr photos.....woweeee. I used to play with a little red bicycle at my grandparents house... I have no idea where that went and I can't remember what scale it was. Hmmm... maybe its time to call my mother to see if she knows!!

Debbie said...

Jody good luck with your search I hope you find what your looking for..xx

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I had a good look around and managed to find this site for you. They may be a bit too modern but are a bit the same.

http://www.lilfishes.com/id134.html

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I just went back to that site and realised they are too big.
I will keep looking for you.

Pilar said...

Hello Jody, I like very much this bike and I hope you find it soon. Also I come to say you I put the translator in my blog and I've added your blog to my list of blogs. Pilar

The Carolina Quilter said...

Amy, I found a bicycle on eBay and ordered it today. It's a more modern bike and the company claims it is 1:12th so hope it is what I'm looking for. It only cost about $12 including the item and shipping so wasn't a huge investment! Thank you for your messages. Glad you didn't mind that I 'borrowed' your photo!

Jody

Liberty Biberty said...

Hi Jody,
I love Amyla's dollhouse, I always find it inspirational!
Cute bike, hope the one you've found is right.
Mercedes

The Carolina Quilter said...

Amy, I did find one on eBay and just hope it arrives safely from Hong Kong! It's a more modern Audi bike but red and the company says it is 1/12th scale. Thank you for your kind replies!

Jody

amy said...

Ebay comes through! Do post a picture of the bicycle-I'd love to see it--

madge1967 said...

Hey Jody!
Great job in getting the bike from Hong Kong! I get my 1/2 scale minis from them! It will take a few weeks but it will be worth it I promise!!!!
Melissa from GA

The Carolina Quilter said...

Hi, Madge! Thanks for your comment! I received the bike yesterday and love it! It is indeed 1:12th and very detailed. The back wheel even spins when you turn the pedals. I'll be blogging about it. Thanks for the recommendation. I also tried to visit your blog but couldn't get in--sounds very intriguing!

Jody