Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joanna! And Furniture Arranging

The Birthday Girl

Yesterday was Joanna's 10th birthday! I have often referred to her as the 'bonus baby' because she came along when Maggie was nine and Ben was seven and of course, we thought at 37 and 35 years of age that we were 'through'. So, she has been a joy and is my constant little companion when the other two are off doing their teenage things. Knowing I would not be baking a cake (I cook more for survival than festivities or culinary joy) her grandmother, Weewee (Maggie named her as a toddler!) brought her a cake and ice cream which we had last night around 9:30 p.m. after cleaning the kitchen and living room, and her Daddy came in off the tractor.
She and Maggie had been a friends' pool yesterday afternoon so were still in their bathring suits when we had the little 'party' such as it was. We three 'girls' are going birthday shopping today.
I did spend the day putting the second floor on Joanna's dollhouse and then arranged some furniture inside to get an idea of which rooms should become which. This will be the nursery beside the master bedroom. Maggie was relieved to see that if the baby were to climb out of the picture window, there is a porch and not just a sheer dropoff.
This was going to be the kitchen but there was no room for the cabinets and refrigerator so it will become the living room. A bit small but it will have to be cozy.
And here is the kitchen. Love this kitchen set and it is somewhat similar to our full-sized kitchen with white cabinets although our counter tops are more emerald green. Fun!

14 comments:

Katie said...

:) I can't wait to show Cora how you reversed the bottom...Good thinking there!! Looks like you have the divider up in the kitchen.....are you putting another room upfront? I just love that kitchen set, too!! Oh, I am so excited to see ya'll working on it:)

**Tell Joanna that we wish her a 'belated' birthday!! ...and many more:) Have fun shopping ladies!!
Katie

Debbie said...

Belated Birthday Wishes to Joanna.
Lovely to see Joanna's Farmhouse taking shape..xxx

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! You are really making progress on the dolls house.
Glenda

Creager Studios said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your Beautiful Daughter... what a joy she must be. Give her a little hug from me...thanks!

The Farmhouse is really shaping up nicely...

Hugs,
Jodi

kimsminiatures said...

Very very Happy Birthday Joanna. Looks like it was a nice one.
The dollhouse is looking good. So wonderful to see it. Yay!!!! Now all the decorating fun begins :)
Mini hugs to you both.

Doreen said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Joanna. I love the kitchen furniture and the house is going to look great.

cousin Deb said...

Hi

Your daughter's dollhouse is looking sweet! I love the furniture. Wish her a happy birthday from Canada!

Debra

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

No way! Yesterday was my birthday too! Happy Birthday Joanna!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liberty Biberty said...

Happy Birthday to Joanna! The dollhouse is looking so good. I LOVE that little kitchen!
Just back home and dusting off my real house...almost ready to start mini making again!
Mercedes

Linda Carswell said...

Belated birthday wishes to Joanna...all the way from Australia!!
The house is looking good!
Linda x

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

The house is looking good and going up so fast.
Hoping you all have a lovely time birthday shopping and find nice things.
Happy Belated Birthday to Joanna!
Thank you for also visiting my blog with your best wishes for my husband.
We will find out today after further tests.
Nikki x

kathi said...

Good morning! Thanks for your comment on my attic bedroom renovation!
I was wondering, since you do quilting, if you have made any dollhouse quilts? I need a tutorial!

Ara said...

haha - I cook for survival as well!!! My poor husband :) I hope your daughter had a great birthday!! -ara