Monday, July 13, 2009

An Award! And More Progress!

Casey Sent Me An Award!

Casey from http://caseymini.blogspot.com/ gave me an award and I am so honored! Among all of you very accomplished mini artisans I am but a mere amateur still searching for my niche! It is the Bella Sinclair award and according to Casey's blog, it was designed by Ces. Ces wrote:- I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honour the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger, whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best.would like to pass it on to:
Evelyn at Les Carnets de L'Atleier Blondie, http://lescarnetsdelatelierblondie.blogspot.com/, a new blogger who is sharing her beautiful creations and collections from Belgium;

Mary Beth McLees, a Clemson University student who I discovered on another blog and who has her whole life ahead of her. She blogs at http://mbmclees.blogspot.com/. Clemson U is about an hour from us and I had to contact Mary Beth.

Katie at Katie's Clay Corner. She is always supportive of me and has sent Joanna and me some of her lovely creations. You can find her blog on my blogroll.

Mercedes at Liberty Biberty. I am soooooo looking forward to a trade with her as, like Kim at It's a Miniature Life, she has that shabby chic, feminine touch to her creations and Joanna's dollhosuse will certianly benefit from some of Mercedes' touches!

And to K Arthur at Dollhouse Miniatures and Hitty Art by Miniature Folk Artist K Arthur who I just discovered by searching for punch needle embroidery tips and hints. She is an accomplished folk artist from Williamsburg, Virginia and sells some of her paintings and punch needle rugs on Etsy.

This is a better pix of Joanna after I snapped the one of her priming her dollhouse and looking none too happy for some reason.
And this is our housing inspector, my precious husband of 24 years, Jerry, who came home from lunch, saw that I was needing some more professional assistance and offered it even demonstrating what I should be doing as far as priming.
And this is the porch sections taped off and primed. Making progress. Yahoo!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Liberty Biberty said...

Thanks for the award Jody! I'm looking forward to our trade too. This week I'm in full Princess Party mode!
That's a beautiful pic of Joanna!
Mercedes

cousin Deb said...

Your daughter is beautiful and your hubby is handsome!
Congrats on your award.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congrats. on your award. You have a good looking family.
Glenda

mb.mclees said...

Thanks SO much for the award! I feel really honored =)

Folk Artist K Arthur said...

oh my!! i am so honored and your words of praise to me are so thoughtful. blessings to you
katie