Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hay Baling





Just a quick note before work to show the hay bales and the tractors in the field. While I drove the John Deere and baled (439 square bales last night before the humidity shifted and we had to stop), Jerry, Ben and Papa, my FIL, picked them up, loaded them on the trailer and off-loaded them in the barn. Tonight, we'll hopefully get at least half as many more and that's half the field. After a few years of drought, we've had rain in abundance.

I've also included a pix of one of the daylilies. They are just about my favorite flower and I'm hoping to add more to my collection this year.

In other notes, Monday was our 24th anniversary. Thank you, Lord for a wonderful husband, good children and a wonderful life which I do not deserve but am thankful for every day.

And one last note, what was our poor Governor, Mark Sanford, thinking? He won't get elected as a dog catcher now. I feel for his wife and boys. But if you can't control your impulses, you deserve what you get, I guess.

Here's to hoping I can get back to Joanna's house soon! Headed down the hill to pick green beans before work! Have a good day.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Dayliles are my favorites, too!! Your is beautiful! I love that color!!

Ummm, didn't realize you had as much land as you do!! I'd love to be in the country!! It's so peaceful and beautiful!

Debbie said...

Belated Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary.
Our hay isn't ready for cutting yet! But boy it's hard work bringing it all in..
Beautiful Lily..XXX

The Carolina Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie--I was inspired by your photos. Mine weren't all open this morning so I'll take more maybe this evening before baling. Yep, we have a small farm--lots of work but very rewarding. We enjoy it. Luckily, I get to bale in the AC in the John Deere cab.

Debbie, our hay has been ready but we've had a year of nearly daily rain during May and into June so have had to wait until we've had dry weather for several days running. While DH and I are at work, Ben and a friend are getting up hay in the field this a.m. and we'll bale the rest on the ground this evening. Luckily, the in-law's who live around the corner have a pool we can dive into afterward!

Jody

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful flowers. Bale hay, pick beans before work???That makes me tired thinking about it. :)
Glenda

Doreen said...

Belated Happy Anniversary. I hope you had a great day. That day lily is beautiful - what a wonderful colour. Boy you do have a lot of work to do - it is a wonder that you find any time at all for minis. It is so nice that your daughter helps you. (And she is lovely even if she is not smiling.)

Liberty Biberty said...

Wow Jody! You're a real Wonder Woman! How you have time for hobbies is beyond me! Happy Anniversary!
Mercedes

Doreen said...

Jody There is an award for you over on my blog.