Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still in the Box!

Victoria's Farmhouse Still Waiting

I am really just posting to say things have been so hectic around here, I've accomplished nothing on the miniature front lately and Joanna's VF is still waiting to be released from its box and built. My poor van--a Dodge Sport my children call "The Red Flash' because I tend to drive fairly fast--is sick. It has had to have a very costly heart transplant (new transmission) and it's vascular system is still having issues--wires and plugs. My son, Ben, has to leave school this morning, come meet me at a mechanic's place, take me to work and then pick up his little sister and head to the dentist. And we have an out of town family wedding this weekend so The Flash has got to be up and running. We are in the throes of a bit of Spring Cleaning as well and I've tried to juggle my work schedule so I won't miss any days (since I work part-time and should have about four full-time jobs). I did get some wonderful goodies from Katie--she sent two of her wonderful shadow boxes which she shows us how to make on her blog Katie's Clay Corner. I will use one for my garden shed which is still in progress and one for Joanna's house. She also sent some wonderful polymer clay bowls and goodies for Joanna! I'll post pix when life settles down a bit. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying seeing all of your wonderful projects and accomplishments!

6 comments:

Katie's Clay Corner said...

Even though you haven't gotten it out of the box, there are still decisions to make...What color is it going to be? The trim???

Good luck with your van! And have fun this weekend!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry you are having problems with you van. Sounds like you have a full schedule. Things are getting busy around here and will be for the next couple of months. Love that house. There is no way I will attempt to build another one from a kit. I just don't have the patience and/or talent or what ever it takes to do it right. :) I am still fussing with the flooring in my San Franciscan. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Have a great day.
Glenda

MiniKat said...

I hope the van issues will be dealt with soon... and not be too expensive.

Perhaps the family wedding will be a nice distraction or even give you time to think about minis.

kimsminiatures said...

Sorry for your time issues. I hope you will get to start it soon. I do know what not having time is like though. Very frustrating because making a dollhouse can be time consuming but in such a fun way. Mini hugs!

Jean Day said...

I love your Farmhouse! It must be really fun to have on the back of your mind to dream about. Sorry you are having car problems, always such a shock, especially the transmission. All the very best!

Lena said...

Hello!
Sorry about your van...

I´ve got an award for you on my blog!

Lena!