Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mary's Varied Dollhouse Decor

Mary Payne's Dollhouses

As I am leaving tomorrow for a quilt show in Georgia where Becky and I will vend, I won't be around to work on any of my mini projects or peruse your's so I'm leaving you with some lovely rooms you can see here: http://www.inpayne.com/.
Go to the menu to see his wife, Mary's dollhouses and roomboxes. Seems she scratch builds furniture and makes the room boxes and dollhouses to go around them. While you'll recognize many of the kits such as The Glencroft, she also builds houses from foamcore board and plywood. Above is the San Francisco Victorian Kitchen. Next we have the Grandville Master Bedroom.
Next is the Condo kitchen.
And the Condo Country Bedroom.
Last, the Farmhouse kitchen. Thanks to Mary and John for giving me permission to post pix and a link to their site on my little house on the blogosphere! I know you guys will miss me. LOL! I'll check in when I get back!

10 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Wonderful pictures Jody! You could live in those roomboxes they are so complete! Mini hugs!

Debbie said...

Beautiful room settings. They look real. Thanks for sharing.
Have a good time and sell lots..

Lena said...

That is my favoruite, I love all of her houses an roomboxes.
She has also made a roomboox just similar as a picture of a room from a IKEA catalouge.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful! They all look like real life size rooms. She is so talented. Thanks for sharing.
Glenda

Doreen said...

Those rooms are all beautiful. They look so real. I hope you have a very successful sale. Good luck!

Katie's Clay Corner said...

Of course we'll miss you;) Thanks for taking the time once again to show us some great eye-candy! A quilt show, huh? That sounds exiciting~ my Grandmother, my Mom and me (well, i'm still learning) all quilt! Hope you enjoy yourself!

SenaMena said...

When first looking at the photographs I didn't know if they were real thing or miniatures! What great eye candy! Thanks.

pussman said...

incredibly lovely.
I can't say more :)

Minka's Studio said...

The layout of the kitchen in the first photo is very close to the layout in Julia Child's kitchen. Just Google it and click the "images" button.

Mum & Me Miniatures said...

These photo's are what miniatures are all about! When you can look at a room and think....that looks real! Absolutely beautiful and a credit to a very talented lady!