Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring Fever and Garden Shed Progress

On My Days Off Work This Week, Progress on the Garden Shed

As we've had temps in the high 60's periodically lately in the midst of winter, I got spring fever so resurrected the garden shed I'm making from The Adams kit by Greenleaf. I had painted the interior seafoam green last year and partially completed the wainscoting on the bottom but was able to finish it when I bought the Ultimate Easy Cutter. Saws and I do not mix well and the Easy Cutter makes cutting wood strips and molding a 'snap', pardon the pun. I highly recommend it.

I decided to change the interior color to a sort of pinky/goldy wash and like it better. The wallpaper border strip was actually a set of scrapbook stickers I found on sale at Michael's. And the arrangement of the various elements and pieces I've collected is just a trial run to see how it will all come together when finally finished. I've got to buy more molding to finish it up but son has a follow-up surgeon's apptmt. about his broken clavicle this afternoon and then there is Ash Wednsesday practice and service and I think Ruba and I are singing a duet (?) so got to be there! Probably won't be able to get it today, darnit. But I like the progress so far. I'd love constructive criticisms and suggestions. I sort of ruined the plastic window panes so may have to take them out. Ideas???



17 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the Kitty hiding under the bench and the little Bee Hive.

kimsminiatures said...

Love this! Have fun Jody! :o)

De said...

I think the windows just add some character. They look cloudy like old glass often does.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love it all. Look at that kitty!
Glenda

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I liked the beehive too.
Love your blog and work. It has a nice cosy feel to it.

MiniKat said...

I adore the bee hive and the border. Everything has such a nice fresh feeling to it. Very appropriate for spring. :-)

Jean Day said...

I love the color! Cheers, Jean

Katie's Clay Corner said...

I love the new color! Looks like you've added a few new planters? I see my favorite little kitty is still under the table:)Are you adding a chair rail>>> Oh.....and if you decide to keep your 'aged' windows, just hang up some fluffy curtains around them.....Everyone will oh and ahh over the curtains, they'll forget all about the windows....although I don't think they're that bad, I like the aged looked! Thanks for showing us these pics!!

Never Enough Time said...

Love the garden shed. That is on my to do list. You did a great job!
Donna

cousin Deb said...

Love everything but especially the bee skep.

The Carolina Quilter said...

Thank you, everyone and Cousin Deb, the bee skep was made using twine and glue around one of those little pre-formed wooden skeps but I can't seem to find them anymore! I keep looking. I thought it turned out well.

Jody

Eva said...

Hi Jody,
Your garden is amazing, it looks a little bit old but full of character. I can feel the beautiful atmosphere in a sunny Sunday morning when people enjoy the gardening in Spring.
Thanks also for the warm welcome and to be my blog's folloer. I always appreciate your visits.
I need to learn how to update my pictures in the yahoo group...:-)

Rachel said...

Hi Jody,

I love the scenes, they look really, really like the real thing! I'm gonna move in! ;)

Rachel :D

Chris V. said...

Love the shed! I like the colors and there's plenty to look at besides just plants. Very cozy!

Garden Shed said...

Wow Jody,
Some of the detail is absolutely amazing. Keep up the graet work and enjoy.

Lena said...

I just love the colours in this roombox.There is a lot of nice details!

askartaja said...

Nice style!