Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lidi's Fisherman's Cottage

Lidi, a CDHM Artisan, is Making a Fisherman's Cottage

Lidi, one of the many talented artisans who hang out over at CDHM, Custom Dollhouses and Miniatures, is making a fisherman's cottage and graciously gave me permission to post pix of her progress here. She is from New Zealand (somewhere I would love to visit) and has taken two classes by Rik Pierce using Creative Paperclay for stonework, masonry and bricks. The above photo is her landscaping so far and some of her wonderful baskets and netting and the other shows the interior. I absolutely love this and thank Lidi for allowing me to share it here.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh I really really like the Fisherman's Cottage. Lovely..

JFolk said...

Wow, that is very impressive, all that work and detail! Looks so real...

Never Enough Time said...

What a wonderful cottage. I would love to be able to create a building like that someday.
Donna

Lissu said...

Wonderful little cottage!

Katie's Clay Corner said...

Oh WoW!! What a beautiful cottage! I love Rik Pierce's work; Lidi did a wonderful job with this!!!

marlies said...

Beautiful cottage, lovely details on it, verry verry beautiful!
* marlies

pussman said...

I love this house a lot.
My next doll house is also going to be a small one I think.
I still am thinking about a model, but it is difficult to make a choice. I want to design it myself.
I love the stones in and around the fire.
I patiently await your next picture:)

Jean Day said...

Love your blog, so interesting! The cottage is amazing! Cheers, Jean

Katie's Clay Corner said...

I totally agree about you getting the house out of the box. That's the easy past. Assembling the house was easy.....It's those front railings, and all the shingles that get me. If there's anything I can help you with, let me know. LOL...I'm with you~ My daughter is 11, and I'd love to have it done by the time she graduates!! hahaha