Monday, February 23, 2009

Angel Berrry's Exquisite Works

Yuri Munakata's Beautiful Creations

Yuri Munakata, aka Angel Berry, is a Tokyo miniature artisan, collector and craftswoman who is trying to spread the love of miniatures in Japan and beyond. You can see all of her works on her website, http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/angelberry/dh/english.htm. Her work was shared on a Yahoo Group and I wrote her immediately to ask permission to display them here. I guess, technically, as long as I give the links to the works and don't appear to be trying to take credit for them myself (wish I could!), it will be fine to post here but I like to give a courtesy 'shout-out' for permission where possible. These pix were some of my favorites, a country kitchen and a little scene where the canary gets a visitor! Thank you, Yuri, for giving me permission to post here!

10 comments:

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Oh! Absolutely delightful!
You find the best minis to feature :D

MiniKat said...

So lovely! How in the world do you always find such beautiful miniatures?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! Such detail - beautiful work.
Glenda

The Carolina Quilter said...

I'm afraid I cheat a bit--I find them through links on the Yahoo Groups I belong to, Small Stuff Digest and CDHM and occasionally, I stumble across them myself on Flickr or the web! Glad you like them.

Jody

Debbie said...

Beautiful work, how kind that you could share them with us.
Jody thanks for that link you left on my blog.
Mini Hugs

Jean Day said...

Hi Jody, I'm passing on an Award to you from my blog.

Cheers, Jean

moti said...

Oh!!!!! it´s absolutely delightful!!!!! with such a great details!!! cute work!!
Eli

tonyina said...

beautiful!

certainly cozy ...

cousin Deb said...

Hi I have a life size picture of the pansy print in the ladie's kitchen. Is there any way I could find out where she got it.

Thanks
Debra

The Carolina Quilter said...

Hi, Debra, I wouldn't know where she got it. She is in Tokyo. I only wrote her to get permission to post some pix of her work here. Maybe she has the same print and reduced it? Her work is beautiful though, isn't it?! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Jody