Thursday, January 22, 2009

Son's Broken Clavicle Debaucle

Not Mini But Posting About Ben's Mishap

Poor Ben broke his right clavicle last Friday and so I had to post these pix of the huge hump on his shoulder even though I like to keep on point on my blog which in this case is about miniatures. I am so committed to staying on the topic of mini's here that I was just on my soapbox on a Yahoo Group agreeing with the policy against stating political views in that forum and nothing turns me off quicker than reading someone's mini (or quilting or home decor or ;whatever; blog) and then coming upon an entire post about (or in the case I ran across this past week, salivating and worshiping) their favorite political candidate. And this particular person has a website with items I would like to purchase but alas, because I found their post offensive, alas, I cannot bring myself to purchase items from them. While a blog belongs to that person and they are free to say or post pix of whatever they wish to (and gosh, this extends to every nook and cranny of one's life and body both physically and metaphorically-speaking if you search blogs at large out there! Whew! Some people's lives and personal habits are just an open book--and to think I had to really work up to posting my own pix here!), I'm afraid I just can't purchase from people who use their hobby/handicraft blogs as a pulpit to share their political views which may or may not align with my own. As a Christian, I will pray for the safety and guidance of any elected official who to whatever degree holds our collective futures in their hands and can re-chart the paths of history and who are daily faced with personal, local, and national threats but why would you alienate a large portion of the populace whose views may not align with yours if you are seeking to sell items of any kind to all?? Some may think this a strident, close-minded view of things but there you have it. I guess I inherited that from my mother--she knew what she knew and what she knew, she knew and she wasn't afraid to say so. So, personally, I may post about my family or other goings-on of note periodically but I personally pledge to refrain from spewing forth my personal political stands and opinions here.

Anyhoo, though I like to keep my miniatures blog about miniatures, Ben's little mishap in which he got his boot stuck getting off the four wheeler and rammed his shoulder into the post, took precedence over my miniature collections, plans and ramblings. And we middle aged parents did not know that they no longer try to 'set' the bone when I took him to Urgent Care on a Friday evening and they told us to call an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. They give you pain meds, a figure-eight bandage, an arm sling and wish you the best of luck. Who knew? When my 48-year-old husband, Jerry, broke his at age 12, the country doctor pulled his shoulders back and wrapped it and thus 'set' it back into place. He will heal fine barring some further injury to it and we are so thankful it wasn't a broken neck. Just had to post pix of the poor little 6'2" soul. Thanks for indulging a Mom.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Hope Ben will soon be on the mend (pardon the pun)..

Stéphanie Kilgast said...

Hi!
I usually don't read long post because I belong to those visual persons who more look at pictures. But somehow I felt sorry for your son and read the post.
I totally agree with you about the political view, I really don't like it to see who someone is for and I personally never say for who I vote (except my boyfriend and my parents :D)
So I can understand how you feel. I have the same problem with regarding religion. :)

All the best for you son!

Stéphanie Kilgast said...

Hi Jody!

I'm not sure if I understood you right (I'm French, never forget that ^^). When you said "I don't usually go on a rant against 'ranting'!", was it against me?
Sorry if it's a dumb question, again I hate comprehension problems and prefer to be sure of what the other meant :)

Stéphanie Kilgast said...

:) no problem, again, I just wanted to clarify it :P

Jemjoop said...

Oh no! I'm sorry for your Ben and hope he has a quick recovery and gets back to having fun.
Jen

nana said...

That's actually really cool!!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色