Monday, December 1, 2008

Special Gifts from Kim Saulter and a Mini Rug

So Excited!!!

I received the most exciting package in the mail today! Kim Saulter, a miniature artisan whose blog, It's a Miniature Life, you can find in my blog links and you can purchase her exquisite creations at CDHM, Custom Dollhouses and Miniatures where I 'met' her in the forums.

For Joanna's dollhouse Santa is bringing, Kim sent two little shabby chic 'aged' chairs, a precious little oval table with metal scrollwork legs with a sweet bouquet and a decorative china plate. The baking table as you can plainly see, is pink, Joanna's favorite color, and has a wealth of goodies in the midst of preparation--a cake, cookies, cupcakes and a beautiful cabbage rose bouquet, a mixer with frosting on the mixers and a Betty Crocker cookbook! I want to shrink and live in the house where these sweet, feminine little pieces will reside. As a bonus, she even sent two pieces of cake on two little saucers! I can't even begin to thank her enough. Now, what am I good enough at to reciprocate with??? Darnit, nothing, actually. I am working on it but Kim, you'll have to wait a while!

And above (one day I'll figure out how to load photos so that the one I want last is last) is a punch needle rug I just completed. I used the pattern Meadow Bouquet by Acorn Quilt and Gift Company using a Cameo punch needle. Jerry says it is too large and the pile is too thick. (Seems his Martha Stewart-like cullinary and decorating talents extend to the minute in size as well) and I was glad to find that Cameo now makes a micro needle for even smaller loops and lower piles. Maybe Kim would like a punch needle rug???!!





5 comments:

Debbie said...

Jody, I can just imagine your face this morning as you opened the Parcel from Kim. Beaming from Ear to Ear.
It all looks lovely, hope Joanne loves all the little pieces as much as Mummy... Mini Hugs

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

What wonderful gifts!

kimsminiatures said...

So glad you like them. I can't wait to see Joanna's dollhouse. I know it will be wonderful :)

Lynn said...

Oh, how lovely!! My daughter and I love playing with her doll house and making things for it!

I'm glad I found your blog. Seems we have some things in common!

Lynn

Living said...

What a great rug! Is it bunka?