Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Door

Christmas Door Shadow Box In Progress'

I thought it would be perfect to create a Christmas door shadowbox using one of the purchased shadow boxes at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I used Paperclay on the wall but, as Tracy Topps of Minis on the Edge, points out, beginners usually get carried away with the darkness of the colors on the stonework which I did. I used a purchased artificial 'frond' from Hobby Lobby, cut it apart and glued it around the door for greenery. The brass mailbox was yet another little gift from Kim Saulter (now officially my 'best friend' in miniatures!) and I sanded the plexiglass and glued a paint chip sample behind it. It needs a step and snow yet and I think I needed to use the larger shadowbox but I like it. The wreath I received in a swap but I am not allowed by the rules to let you know who made it unless the artisan contacts me and gives me permission--if she stops by my blog! Let me know what you think! I hope these will appeal to 'non-mini' folks.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks Lovely Jody...

kimsminiatures said...

Wonderful Jody, Glad you could use the mailbox. Happy Holidays!!!

Cindy said...

You inspire me to get to work on my mini house! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this door and I have a friend that is working on a door scene and I am going to share this link with her!

mini hugs
Jennifer