Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What 'We're' Getting For Christmas!

Joanna is Getting a Victoria's Farmhouse for Christmas!This beautiful dollhouse by Real Good Toys is going to be left at our house by Santa this year for Joanna, nine. I have advised her to decorate it in Shabby Chic style like the beautiful room featured on Calamity Kim's blog, http://calamitykim.typepad.com/. I think she wrote that this is a neighbor's cottage interior?! Wow--great neighborhood.
These two rooms in shabby chic style are by Kim Saulter (you can visit her blog from my links and buy her exquisite creations through CDHM, Custom Dollhouses and Miniatures in the galleries section. Her style is so wonderful and she mainly specializes in bakery roomboxes.

This is my favorite, a Christmas room. It is perfect in every detail.
And now that I am finally getting the hang of punch needle after purchasing a needle and weaver's cloth in Utah when Becky and I went out for HandiQuilter training, oh, three years ago, I will have to order this pattern form Joan Grimold, see her link in my listing! It is divine. Oh, aren't I . . . I mean Joanna and I . . . going to have fun decorating our, I mean, her house?!

5 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Jody, You are so cute!!!!! It was because of my oldest daughter Hannah(almost19) That I started this crazy miniature obsession. Your (Oh I mean Joanna's) dollhouse will be wonderful. I would love to make something shabby chic for it. A gift. If thats okay? Thanks for the post including my work.So glad you like it.Mini Hugs!

Debbie said...

Hi Jody,
Thanks for stopping by my blog..
I've just written about your blog on my blog..LOL
Mini Hugs

Katie's Clay Corner said...

OMG!:) That's the doll house we bought my daughter for her birthday! She is going to love it!! It has lots of room to decorate, too!! It's the big house in my blog that we're working on...we'll have to exchange ideas, or if you have questions about it, let me know. I highly recommend this house, very sturdy!! And very Girlie!!! Oh, I'm exicted for you!!!
:)
Katie

kimsminiatures said...

Hi Jody. Didn't want you to think I had forgotten about my gift for Joanna's dollhouse.I worked on it today. So I will have something fun to show you tomorrow.Happy weekend. Mini hugs
Kim

Living said...

The first picture especially looks very very real!