Friday, October 24, 2008

Witch's Cottage Nearly Done

Despite My Prolonged Absence, The Witch's Cottage is Nearly Done
These shots show my attempt at Creative Paperclay stonework painted with acrylic washes. Someone out there needs to donate the funds for me to take a Rik Pierce workshop (Frogmorton Studios) or I need to take a vacation and live with Tracy Topps (toppdollar) for a week so she can teach me how to do it correctly! But for a witch's cottage, it's okay, I suppose. The little carved pumpkin on the porch I bought at Miniature Memories in Charleston, SC this past weekend while on a therapeutic trip with two friends. Miniature Memories has to be one of the best, most well-stocked and decorated miniature shops in the nation--not that I'll ever see many. In the back, there is a museum of artisan roomboxes and I understand they are seeking to enlarge it. It is worth the visit even if you're not into mini's! The other too-bright, too-shiny pumpkin I made early in my polymer clay career but he had to go in for senimental reasons.
And you'll notice that there are two window panes missing! Where did they go?! Got to find those in the basement as winter is coming and Witchy will get her toes chilled.
I must add a note to explain my prolonged absence: I have just dissolved our Bernina sewing machine dealership (oh, let me clarify: DH and I decided we couldn't keep paying bills any longer with no sales and did the only thing that made sense and sold our floor models at half price. Let me be clear: Our district manager CLOSED our dealership. That'll show us! I'm sure she would want that made clear so to anyone out there who gives a flying rip: SHE closed our dealership--certainly not us!!! We were perfectly willing to just keep paying that debt while selling absolutely nothing. Anyhoo, I am still washing off the funk from that little doomed experiment in capitolism. My parting thoughts are that while the machines are well-made and have many features, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah, most sadly, they are grossly overpriced for our small town and general area. When the new state-of-the-art, be-all-end-all 830 comes out, the suggested MSRP is $12,000. Need I say more?????

So, on a personal level, I didn't even realize how it enslaved me and actually squelched my creativity instead of enhancing it. I was supposed to be a slave to their product and push it mercilessly and relentlessly at my own expense. I am thrilled to say I will now be going back to working three days a week at the quilt shop and have a few days to do miniatures, my own quilting designs and I will have time to spend with my Dad who certainly deserves no less than a little bit of my time after all he has done for me in my life.

2 comments:

Heather Cutting-Rayl said...

Love your Witch cottage!!! MAybe we could get 2 scholarships to a Rik Pierce class??!! LOL!
As for Bernina... They sell cars now for $12,000 and finance them for a lot longer than Bernina does! And they are a lot more useful! I have never been able to justify a new Bernina, even when I could afford one, way back when! Even though I would have used it every day! LOL! Oh well....

nana said...

That's actually really cool!!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色