Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rumors of My Death . . .

Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated!
I took about a year off mini's not by choice but due to life circumstances. In a nutshell, DH and I bought a sewing machine dealership and I began working six days a week in the quilt shop pretty much putting an end to any leisure time activities. The dust is settling somewhat and I spent all of my Christmas and January 7th birthday $$ on mini's. I will be posting some pix of my acquisitions as I can. Above are the parts of a sewing shadow box I put together. I had to take it out of the box so I could photograph everything without the glass on the front. The machine is one of those inexpensive ones you can get from various sources as is the little tomato pin cushion. The hutch I bought for less than $4 from Amy at Manor House Miniatures and painted white. The various patterns, bolts of fabric, needle cases, etc. are from Paper Minis. The little quilt is a pix of one a friend made from the kit, Vintage Valentines by Verna Mosquera. I transferred the photo onto Printed Treasures and layered it with muslin and a dryer sheet for batting and sewed the blocks with silk thread on the machine.



DH slapped a price sticker on it as it is here in the shop where everything is for sale. I might put it on eBay in light of our daughter getting accepted to a prestigious local private college. I would try to sell my body for extra money, but, sadly, there would be no takers. I am trying to figure out how to make some mini's to support my habit.
The goal for this year is to finish the Halloween house (yes, that died on the vine with the upheaval of business ownership) and for Jerry to make me a log home in miniature. As life has turned out so far, it looks like my dream of owning an actual log home in the mountains is never going to materialize so having one in mini will be the next best thing. So, most of my purchases post-holidays were geared to that end.
More on that to follow. So please come back and stop in--I am going to try my darndest to update--and 'mini'-- on a more regular basis.

No comments: