Sunday, January 20, 2008

How I Spent My Sunday Afternoon!

How I Spent My Sunday AfternoonDon't laugh--I haven't painted anything in decades. Plus, I was always better at oil painting than acrylics but I tried my hand at acrylics for these because of the drying time. I cringe to show them up close but here they are:
This is obviously supposed to be a buck in a clearing in the woods. It is based on a photo in a back issue of South Carolina Wildlife. I think his neck needs a little adjusting but I was okay with this.
This one, again, based on a photo in a SC Wildlife back issue, I think I'll call Turkey in the Straw. I've got to find a way to make some mini's to sell to support my habit. Thought I'd practice painting in miniature. These are both 2" x 2 1/2". I'd love some critiques if you have a minute.

1 comment:

gailgsolfot said...

Jody-
You work is wonderulf! You will make a fine addition to the towers...

Mouldy Gail
Vice Oz
GSOLFOT